Stop regretting decisions.
There was a time when I would look back and finds things I regret. I believed I had made the wrong decision. I was wrong.
I made the right decision.
In every success story you find someone has made a courageous decision. – Peter F. Drucker
Life is all about decisions. So stop regretting decisions.
- Shall I stay on at school or get a job?
- Am I going to take that new job?
- Will I take her hand and lead her away?
Why You Should Stop Regretting Decisions
The decisions I made were the only ones I could make. And I’m glad I did.
- I chose to leave school at sixteen. I knew what I wanted to do. I got a place on one of the best engineering apprenticeships in the United Kingdom. By the time some of my peers finished studying I had bought my first house. I got my degree a little later.
- I took that job offer. It didn’t work out. I hated the travelling. It wasn’t the right move for me. However, during those 15 months I learned more about myself than I thought possible. I re-evaluated my career and decided to do something completely different.
- It was the last day of my holiday. The group couldn’t decide what to do. So I took her hand and we went for a walk. Two years later we married.
You see, whatever the decision we make it has to be the only one we could make. If not we would have chosen to make a different decision.
Stop regretting decisions and enjoy what you have! Be the person you chose to be.
When things go well enjoy life. And when they don’t, learn from the experience and set yourself a new goal.
Have Your Say
What do you do when things don’t go to plan? Please join the discussion.
Creative Commons image courtesy Fukecha Nabil.